Sunday, August 4, 2013

John Frieda Review ✂

~ Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night my lovelies ~



I recently went out and used a coupon I had from John Frieda for a free box of their precision foam  hair dye (from their facebook page a loooong time ago) and decided to give it  a try!



I picked up the 6G Brilliant Brunette in Light Golden Brown.
I got mine at Shoppers Drug Mart which didn't have all the shades at the time but here is the full chart from the John Frieda website. Theres also a handy dandy quiz like thing on their website that helps you pick the right shade!

Before I dyed my hair I did a little *snip snip* to my hair and got rid of alllllll my split ends. I had TONS so maybe is was more than a little *snip snip*.
My friends and fam say they don't see much of a difference but my hair feels so short  (◡﹏◡✿).

Heres what the box looks like. I'm sorry for the bad quality, blame my beat up phone!



The packaging was great and the instructions were really easy! 
I've tried many boxed hair dyes and this is the first time I've seen one include black gloves... it reminded me of tattooists~


So putting the dye in my hair was the same as every other hair dye except the you have to FLIP the applicator bottle 5 times and SQUEEZE the foam out!

I was definitely confused at first but just do what the instructions tell you to do and voila! 
FOAM.

Before I applied any foam to my hair I like to section my hair off. 
Usually I section off the top left and right and the bottom left and right into ponytails but I got lazy and just did the whole bottom section first then added the whole top section.
Surprisingly the dye smelled really good! Prefumey but definitely better than the smell other dyes have!
It still burns if it goes near your eyes though so be careful!

My hair is really thin so I ended up with LOTS of foam left. 
Not a bad thing at all,  I just went ahead and applied it all on top of the foamy mess I had on my head!
Once I dispensed all the foam I put a shower cap on and let it sit for 30 min.

After the 30 min I washed it out of my hair and used the conditioner that came with the dye and boy did that smell good!  My hair turned out quite dark and had a red tint for some reason. I personally don't like the result because I was hoping for a lighter colour but you know... that was my fault because I picked a colour that was darker than what I wanted :c

The hair dye was really good though for $12-14.
What I liked the most was the smell because it didn't have that nasty chemical smell that burned my nose! The foam was the same as all other foams I've tried to be honest. 
I give John Frieda a 5/5 for smelling great and making me a brilliant brunette!

★★★★★

BEFORE

AFTER

My hair is darker 

What do you guys think? 
I might go lighter or ombré with a peakaboo by next month!

xoxo,

Livy 


No comments:

Post a Comment